This is from the film Pariah which you should go see. Theater list on the website here.
Heartbreak opens onto the sunrise
For even breaking is opening
And I am broken
I am open
See the love shine in through my cracks
See the light shine out from me
My spirit takes journey
My spirit takes flight
And I am not running
I am choosing
I am broken
I am broken open
Breaking is freeing
Broken is freedom
I am not broken
I am free
mangled/ while i am desperately trying to clear the air…” —Ntozake Shange (Program Note)
- (watching news)
- Him: Anger is bad but anger for the right reason is excellent. They're angry for the right reason.
- Him: I will punch a police officer if he sprays me in the eyes.
- Him: My hands are big.
- Him: STUPID FAT POLICEMAN.
- Him: Allah will set these cruel idiots on fire. InshaAllah.
- Him: I like the chant's rhythm, yes? We are the 99 percentage!
- Him: Percent? Okay, same thing. Almost.
- Him: No Occupy movement in Pakistan. This part of the world is the 99% compared to the American population.
- Him: Somebody should hire me as a political analyst.
- Him: You will check if my spellings and grammar is fine, okay?
- Him: Corporate evils!
- Him: Our police looks better in front of these fools.
- Him: HIS TUMMY IS SO BIG. Evil, corrupt people have either very big tummies or are terribly thin. The banker is thin. The cop is thick. Both look evil here.
- Him: Are you listening to me, hmm?